HOWDY, Y'ALL!

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Fight Club...

It was a dark and stormy night...

Well, at least it was dark.

After supervising the Homecoming dance with several other of our fine faculty, we all decided to celebrate a relatively uneventful night with a couple of adult beverages at a local establishment.

Upon arriving at one of our "usual" spots, we came to find out that this once proud watering hole had gone the way of the MTV generation by sponsoring a local DJ to blare profane music in a tiny room making conversation, even our own thoughts being heard nearly impossible. After watching a few of the patrons do some stupid human tricks (involving their barstools, heads, and the ceiling fan above their table) we decided to try our luck out on the deck in the front. We found it rather delightful to be able to place audible signals with the visible movements of one another's mouths. After about 15 minutes, one of my colleagues heard a song coming from inside that I had just finished dancing with the kids at school. It was a sort of "electric slide" (I believe the kid's call it the "cupid shuffle") to which I decided I would honor my friend's request and give the whole group something to laugh about. (Author's Note: Anyone who knows me will agree that such outlandish behavior is not necessarily an indicator of how much I have partaken in the beverages.)

As I began my "groove", I noted that all the teachers there were staring in my direction, but not at me. Rather they were trained on something behind me. Clueless to the focus of their attention, I heard a voice to which I could not place an identity. As I turned around, there was a face, barely peering over the railing, leering at me. Standing about 5'7", 160 pounds was a shirtless, red ball cap tipped to the side, tatooed, pierced punk rocker wannabe look alike (Travis Barker for those of you familiar with Blink 182) See photo below for reference.


Apparently the dumbfounded look on my face was cause enough for this passerby to begin his diatribe...

"Yeah. You like that? You like that?....You like that? Where you at? Where you at? Where you at?"

Apparently everything this young man does is in threes. But he wasn't done. And none of the seven of us had moved or said a word. Then came the kicker. The piece de resistance...

"I'm gonna break...your...dawgs."

At this point none of us knew what to do. Do we laugh out loud as we wanted to because this guy was just messing with us and wanted to join in the fun? Apparently his girlfriend was embarrassed enough to try to pull him away from the deck and he wandered down the street, not to be heard from again.

A surreal experience, one you probably had to be there to appreciate, but at least now we have a catchy slogan for our faculty t-shirts this year!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's a "dawg"?

9:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home