HOWDY, Y'ALL!

Thursday, May 10, 2007

76 Trombones...


I had the distinct privilege of sitting on the River City, Iowa School Board this past weekend in the CLHS presentation of "The Music Man"

Friday night was slightly nerve racking as the Houston Statesmen, the area's "premiere" barbershop quartet, took in our show. Apparently they liked what they saw as they have asked us to perform in their summer "extravaganza" this July...I'm pretty sure I will be out of town.

The kids did a FABULOUS job. This weekend broke the CLHS record for attendance!

The group is comprised of Tavis, our choir director, Eric, a senior filling in for our assistant principal, myself, and Dave, our band director.

Dave also conducted the orchestra, so there were a few scenes where we were the school board trio. Or his character was just ALWAYS late.

And for the record, that is real human hair under my nose.

Which I wasn't aware I would be wearing until opening night. (You thespians understand what I'm talking about.)

And now we are off to our new gig as lounge singers at the Raleigh Airport!

Farewell, la-dies! Farewell, la-dies! Farewell, la-dies! We're going to leave you now!

2 Comments:

Blogger Luke's parents said...

first - it's good to hear your back on the stage.

second - love the facial hair

third (and most important) - did you guys borrow those suits from the set of dumb and dumber? seriously, they're awesome!

9:48 AM

 
Blogger Marsha said...

Hi All,

Uncle Jeff wants to know if you sang the bass part like he did in 1968? It's good to see you back in theatre...you know it's close to my heart.
Keep posting the great pictures of the girls...it makes all of you seem closer.
Love,
Aunt Marsha

9:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home