HOWDY, Y'ALL!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

NO-TOWN...

For those of you not in the know, Tuesday night Justin Verlander threw a complete game no-hitter for THE Detroit Tigers! Pretty exciting stuff since the last time it happened I wasn't even in school yet. Curious piece of trivia, the last time a Tiger threw a no-no at home...the year my folks were born. (I will refrain from any sort of joke here. Draw your own conclusions!) The one unfortunate by product of this GLORIOUS event, was that the vanquished happened to be my wife's favorite team. (Again, insert your own comments, jokes, warnings, etc. here.)

I didn't get to see it live, but God bless MLB.com and our gifted subscription to watch the games online.

On the other hand, this is a prime example why it would not be good for my personal life if the Brewers and Tigers ever DID make it to the World Series the same year.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could have thrown a no-hitter the way the ump was giving Verlander strikes on any ball that wasn't thrown in the dirt.

Joel

3:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home