HOWDY, Y'ALL!

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The Vic'try's Won!


I count so many people as dear friends, honorary "family" if you will. So much so, that my wife likes to tease me about it. Still, the relationships I have formed with so many of you go so deep, not even because of anything you or I do or say, but because of the common bond we share in our faith.

Mrs. Voltattorni was one of those people I considered family. Her sons are very dear friends of mine from our days in youth group at St. Matthew's. Brothers of mine, if you will. Naturally, Mrs. V was "Mama V" to me. She always treated me as if I was one of her own, praising me when I did something well, guiding me when my choices were...suspect, and always making sure I knew that I was a dearly loved child of God.

A few years back, Mama V was diagnosed with cancer. After a long, brave battle, God called her home late Sunday night. My heart aches for Mr. V, Anthony, Sarah, Isabella, and Andrew at the loss of this amazing person. My prayer is that all who mourn her passing take courage and confidence in the same thing that kept Mama V going...Jesus lives! The vict'ry's won!...Greater scenes will then commence! This shall be my confidence!

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie M. Heiden Rootes, MA said...

thank you for the uplifting tribute Chad. She was Mama V to me too while at St. Matthew's youth group. Friendship created in Christ's love becomes deeply embedded in who we are. Goose bumps on my arms are keen reminders of this spritual connection. I received the news from my parents on Monday and my heartaches for Papa V, Anthony, Sarah, Andrew, and Isabella. You are all in my prayers. Katie Heiden-Rootes

4:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chad... I don't know why I didn't respond sooner to this post... I guess I don't know what to say... just, thank you brother.

10:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home