HOWDY, Y'ALL!

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Baby Its Cold Outside...

Okay. So not THAT cold. But a drop from 74 degrees at 9 am to below 50 degrees by noon coupled with Mom cleaning out the closet made for a prime photo op.

Even Emma, the child who refuses to wear hats, had a smile on her face.

We really had a great weekend. Mom Heff came down and visited. The girls were the last of the grandkids who had yet to go to the pumpkin farm with "Rah-Rah". Erin and Maddie enjoyed the hayride, we picked out two pumpkins (the "brewers" one ended up as a traditional jack o lantern while the other displays its Tiger pride), and headed out. It was a good time, although the girls didn't quite seem to get the whole concept.

There are so many lovely sights this time of year.

Emma on the phone to her pumpkin broker?

"My, you are a small one, aren't you?"

"And then, the little one looked at me while you cut its top off!"



The other benefit of this little trip by Mom was that Erin and I were able to thoroughly enjoy the high school's dinner auction that night. Arriving early to hang out with some of the teachers, we wandered downstairs and perused the goods. I made the initial $30 silent auction bid on the signed Vince Young jersey. I can't believe I didn't end up with it! What a gyp! We did however have a blast dancing the night away with our friends from the staff. And nothing livens a party like the old man who teaches Spanish dancing with a bottle on his head. Priceless!

Kim and I throwing up gang signs. "I'm gonna break your dawgs!"

Odie, Jeff, Karner, and I at the "after party" downstairs. Good times. Good times.

The baseball coaches...Karner, Janetzke, and Wilke Texas Ranger.

Me and my hot date.

As we bundle up, another shout out to Aunt Mary and her Rockies as they keep rollin' over everyone in their way! Go ROCKS Go!

(The ball is now in your court, Kathryn Marie. Blog, gosh darn it!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke's parents said...

i can't believe you're calling me out like that! maybe i'll start a new blog and tell everyone about it but you, so you'll forever just see dad's smile on my blog! ha!

ps miss ya tons!

3:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home