HOWDY, Y'ALL!

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Let me tell ya 'bout my beeeest friend...

With apologies to Adam, Ben W., Ryan O., Jay, and John...

I have been truly blessed through out my life with some awesome guys to hang out with. Each one has had their own unique impact on my life which they may never know or completely understand. I love them all very dearly. But tonight was another reminder of how lucky I am to consider Ben Heiden my best friend in the whole world. Today I went golfing by myself, something I have done before but as I left the course this afternoon I was moved to grab my cell phone and call Wolverine Lake. Ben and I have had more than a few good conversations over a round of golf. For over an hour Ben and I managed to talk about everything from faith to football, fatherhood to stupid movies we like. When you can just pick up a conversation with that amount of comfort like that, you know you have something special. I have that with several of my buddies and I want each of you to know that while I may not be the greatest at keeping in touch, that does mean something to me. This move to Texas has really been a check in reality, from impending fatherhood to distance from family, but one thing that has always been there and is as real as anything is the men I consider my friends.

I love you guys.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From: Ben W.

Chad, no apology needed. I know Ben H. and he is a great guy, and I have only known him for a few years, you have known him your whole life. You may not know it either, but you touch each and every one of our lives just as you say we do, if not more. Even though you may not keep in touch as often as you would like (hey, I am guilty of that too) In my head, I still know that you are thinking of us, and that is one thing I hold that shows me what kind of relationship we have! Besides...you have certain new responsibilities to put forth your time and effort into (wife and soon to be child), and that is good enough for me:) Love ya buddy.

11:21 PM

 
Blogger Adam said...

I'm not that mad...as long as you name your first male child Adam...everything will be ok

9:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home