HOWDY, Y'ALL!

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Even the rain is big...

Three of the last four days have seen Ark sized accumulations of rain in the Houston area. As I waded through the streets of Tomball to pick up some lunch for my lovely wife and I yesterday, I began to wonder why each area of the country I live in has to be in denial. Minnesota, for instance, knows full well that come late October thru late April, snow WILL FALL likes its going out of style. So it would make PERFECT sense to reduce your snowplow fleet by half. GENIUS! Houston, as another example, lies near the Gulf of Mexico. This body of water is well know for producing healthy amounts of precipitation. Enough for the ground to become completely soaked to the point where a foot or more of standing water is covering the road. So to combat this meteorlogical threat, we don't we make ditches next to the road that will overflow with even trace parcipitation. WHO NEEDS SEWERS??? Them thar ar fer city folk! Y'all can just roll on through those puddles in yer monster truck vehicles that shouldn't be on the road, but in an arena, crushing used, rusty cars. Oh, well, guess we should invest in a boat.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CHAD! It's me BEN! Bdubb, Mr. Walther, HOW ARE YOU! I know you have tried to get ahold of me, and I have tried getting a hold of you as well, both to no avail. I hope you are doing well! I met your uncle, Mr. Bickle from Racine Lutheran. I have been designated a call there. What a nice guy, and I think I may have met him before because I recognized him. Anyways hope you are well and having fun in Texas.

11:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home