HOWDY, Y'ALL!

Friday, February 23, 2007

Be Still My Beating Heart...

I wish I would have had a camera to help you all fully appreciate this moment.

Our round robin at school started today. We lost our game 11-8 (note to all coaches: not wise to spot the other team 8 runs in the first three innings).

After the second game, my associate coach and I were dragging and raking the the infield while Maddie and Emma entertained themselves.

As I paused to catch my breath while raking first base, I saw the most glorious vision. Pushing dirt into the holes on the mound, tamping it down, and raking it smooth was my dear wife. I have never been more attracted to her in my life! Not only is she beautiful beyond compare...she is one heckuva groundskeeper! A baseball coach's dream!

(Two author notes: Said wife just pointed out that not only was she DOING it, but she was doing it the RIGHT WAY. Oh yeah, she also had the presence of mind to scold some of my players who were wearing their cleats in the school hallway. WHAT A WOMAN!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home