HOWDY, Y'ALL!

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Warming Up in the Pen...

As a Tigers' fan, with my team clinging to a thin lead in the AL Central over the Chicago White Sox, I was pleased to see that the defending World Champions would be facing the NL Central leading St. Louis Cardinals (whom so many of you so passionately, though perhaps misguidedly, support).

"Surely such a series will create some breathing room for my beloved Tigs!" I thought, "If nothing else, they will present a stern challenge for the South Siders."

Apparently though, GM Walt Jocketty had mistakenly sent not the Cardinals, but the roster of the Concordia Seminary Preachers.

Final score, White Sox 20-Cardinals 6 (they missed the field goal).

4 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

wow that hurts. wait till Greg reads this one...

1:50 PM

 
Blogger Chad said...

I apologize for any offense taken by this recent post. Obviously what I meant by that statement is that without the Meatsquad Magic, the Seminary team might not be as strong this season as it has in recent history. In no way shape or form was I trying to slight my brothers in the ministry. On the other hand, I maaaaaaay have been trying to poke a little fun at any Cardinal fans who have enjoyed some sustained success since the 1984 season. Please understand that after 15 years of frustration, this recent success is hard to handle on our end!

4:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, let me say emphatically, that the Concordia Preachers would NEVER loose a game that badly--regardless of who might be on the roster! God wouldn't let that happen.

As far as the Cardinals are concerned...Is there such a thing as a misguided Cardinal fan? Proverbs 22:6 says, "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." A misguided fan is one who pledges allegiance to a team based on recent success, as if they are the one needing to be supported. Cudos to any fan who does not turn from their team, but stands by it and roots for it in good times and in bad--regardless of whether that team is the Cardinals, Astros, or Tigers.

*Any fan who supports the Cubs or the Yankees is by definition a misguided fan.*

*Fans who support teams in the American League should seek profesional help.*

Now that I have that off my chest, I seem to remember the last time the Cardinals were being doubted by the press, after a 3-game sweep at the hands of the Reds, they responded by winning 7 of 9 games.

So...hang in there Chad, the Pale Hose are sure to face a stiff challange tonight!

Enjoy your new digs!!

5:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't say how much more stiff...Ouch!

8:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home