HOWDY, Y'ALL!

Saturday, April 01, 2006

...Long walks on the beach, sunsets, camping...

Earlier this week I recieved a letter from the Texas District of the LCMS, requesting me to fill out an information form.

Now for those of you unfamiliar with the call process, a congregation or school will seek to compile a list of names to fill a position they may have open. Often this is done by collecting names from sources inside the congregation or area. If any of the names presented do not have updated information, they will contact the district where that person was last known to be serving. The district requests the proper information from the church worker and passes it along. The accompanying letter is rather mysterious though. You are informed that you will NOT be informed as to who requested this information, unless they choose to contact you as they sort through their list.

Maybe it was just me, but I had this odd feeling, as if I was filling out a dating service form. To be viewed by potential suitors, with only those who fall in love with that sampling of me to reveal their own identities.

I suppose this whole process just proves that God is in control.

But at least I know someone out there is thinking of me....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home