HOWDY, Y'ALL!

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

"ARE YOU BLIND?!?!"

Practice got over at 4 today.

I was looking forward to getting home before 5 for possibly the last time this school year.

My family was in the car, the engine was running...

and out runs Michael to inform me that no officials had shown up for the JV game.

Two hours later, I had been verbally accosted by parents who have no concept of the rules of basketball let alone ever played the game before. Well let me tell you something people! When you want to volunteer to run around a gym, chasing pubescent teens, who can barely get up and down the floor with out tripping over themselves OR other bodies, all the while SQUEEZED into a pair of pants you purchased a "stomach" ago in college, well be my guest!

Overall, though, it was good to be getting some excercise doing something I enjoy. Takes me back to my days of reffing grade school games in Racine...aaaahhh, the good ol' days!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

You crack me up Chad! You always have the best stories to tell! I like the part about the pants!! At least you didn't have to get out the stapler this time!!

10:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Chad...my loyalties lie in ripping officials new ones....especially the ones I had tonite...lost in overtime...hug the girls...miss you guys....anne

5:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have loved to been in the stands heckling you! We had a game last week where the two officials honestly wouldn't have survived in the grade school games you used to do. I was so furious during the game, amongst the parents and other teachers..i was getting looks.

On a positive note, my freshman girls are finally starting to come around. We are on a 2 game winning streak, game against Martin Luther got canceled this morning due to snow..but we play on Tuesday :D Hope they can handle my press ;) Most teams have not been able too..oh yeah I am bragging..but only about the press, our half court defense is a different story..lol go figure. Love ya and miss ya Chad, say hi to Erin and maddie for me

12:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home